Discoverability: allowing people to search for your profile
Discoverability enables friends, family, and others to search for your personal profile on Charitable Impact by typing in your name in the search box. When you set your personal profile to “discoverable,” people will be able to request to add you as a friend, message you on Charitable Impact, and easily send you charitable dollars that you can give away.
Turning Discoverability on or off does not affect the information you choose to share with charities, Giving Groups, and Campaigns when you send them charitable gifts.
Note about Giving Groups:
If you join a Giving Group, your name is visible when you comment on the Giving Group’s activity thread, regardless of whether you’ve disabled Discoverability in your personal profile. Group members will also be able to view your personal profile. You can still choose what information in your profile is visible to others.
Note about Discoverability settings:
If you signed up for an Impact Account before October 21, 2019 your personal profile is not discoverable by default. If you signed up for an Impact Account after October 21, 2019, your personal profile is set to discoverable by default.
Turning Discoverability on or off
On the web:
- Click your Account icon in the top-right corner of your dashboard, then click Account Settings.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Privacy and security from the left-hand side.
- Click the toggle to turn Discoverability on or off.
On the iOS app:
- Select Profile from the bottom menu.
- Select the gear icon from the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Select Privacy and security.
- Select Discoverability.
- Select the toggle to turn Discoverability on or off.