Customize a Giving Group page
Giving Group admins can customize their Giving Group page to tell their story and connect with supporters to join the group.
In this section, you’ll learn how to:
- Input basic information about your group
- Add photos and video
- Set a giving goal
- Enable or disable monthly gifts to your group
- Select charities your group wants to support
Creating and managing Giving Groups is currently only possible on the web, but you can still join and support Giving Groups from the mobile app.
Edit an existing Giving Group
- Log in to your Impact Account.
- Select Giving Groups & Campaigns at the top of your screen.
- Under Giving Groups you manage, find the Giving Group you want to edit and select the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Select Edit Group.
You can change the name of your Giving Group; however, please note that changing your group name will also change its URL.
Choose whether you want your Giving Group to be private or public.
- Private groups: A private Giving Group is closed to everyone except group members, and you have to be invited by an administrator to join it.
- Public groups: Anyone can find and join a public Giving Group, and all members can share links to the group page (for example, through Twitter, Facebook, email, etc.).
About the group
Describe your group
You’ll be required to add a description to your Giving Group to tell people what your group is about and encourage them to support your efforts. Note that there is a 300-character limit for group descriptions.
Expand your group description
You can add additional details about your Giving Group to further describe your group, the group’s purpose, causes it supports, etc.
Here are some ways to expand your group description:
- Provide some information about the group’s purpose. Why did you create this group? What causes are important to this group?
- Describe the different ways people can help. Do you want them to give money, come to an event, tell their friends, or do something else? A clear request can make it easier for people to support your group in the ways you'd like them to.
Photos and video
Giving Group pages can be customized with photos and video so that people can learn more about your group and the causes you support.
Giving Group main photo
This is the avatar for your Giving Group and appears on the top left corner of your Giving Group page. Square images with minimum dimensions of 128px by 128px work best. The maximum size per file is 5 MB.
Personalize your Giving Group page with a video. You can add a video to your Giving Group page by inputting a link from YouTube or Vimeo. The video will be embedded on your Giving Group page.
Personalize your Giving Group page by adding a gallery of up to 10 photos. The maximum size per file is 5 MB.
Set a giving goal
Setting a group goal enables you and your group to set a target for how much money the group raises. All money that is sent to the group between the goal start date and goal end date will count towards your group goal.
Giving goals can be changed at any time, and they reset to $0.00 at the end of the calendar year.
Enable or disable monthly gifts to the group
You can offer supporters the option to send monthly gifts to your Giving Group. This option is turned on by default when you create a Giving Group.
This feature is currently only available on the web, and is not yet available on the mobile app.
- Log in to your Impact Account.
- Select Giving Groups & Campaigns from the top of the page.
- Select your Giving Group under the section Giving Groups you manage.
- Select Edit.
- Select Monthly gifts.
- Use the toggle to turn monthly gifts to your group on or off.
Charities to support
Money raised by Giving Groups go towards supporting a registered Canadian charity on Charitable Impact.
Giving Groups can select up to 5 charities to support. These charities will be displayed on your Giving Group page and signal to your supporters where the money raised will be sent. The charities your group supports can be changed anytime.
If a Giving Group has been created in support of a specific Campaign, there are two options depending on how the Campaign admin has set up the Campaign:
- The Campaign admin has selected specific charities that groups linked to a Campaign must support. Groups will not be able to select additional charities they wish to support. All money raised by the group will go towards supporting the specific charities selected by the Campaign admin.
- The Campaign admin has selected specific charities that groups connected to a Campaign must support. However, the Campaign admin has also allowed groups to choose additional charities they wish to support. All money raised by the group can go towards supporting one or all of these charities.