Manage money for Giving Groups attached to Campaigns
Donors are empowered to create a Giving Group in support of a Campaign. When a Giving Group is linked to your Campaign, all of the funds raised will be included in the total displayed on the Campaign page.
This feature is currently only available on the web, and is not yet available on the mobile app.
Who manages money raised by Giving Groups?
Before sharing your Campaign, it’s important to decide who controls the funds raised by Giving Groups. You can choose between Campaign admins and Giving Group admins with these steps:
- Log in to your Impact Account.
- Select Giving Groups & Campaigns at the top of your screen.
- Select your Campaign under Campaigns you manage.
- Select the three dots in the top-right corner and select Edit Campaign.
- Under Money Settings, there are two options: Campaign Admins & Giving Group Admins.
- Choose one option and select Save Changes.
With this option, all funds raised by supporting Giving Groups are immediately sent to the Campaign. These funds will be captured in the total raised on the Campaign’s front page, and will also be available in the Campaign’s balance for the Campaign administrator to send when and where they choose.
Choose this option when the supporting Giving Groups and Campaign are supporting the same charity, or when the Giving Groups are comfortable with the funds they raise being sent away at the discretion of the Campaign administrator.
Giving Group administrators
In this case, the Giving Group administrators are able to send the funds raised when and where they choose. The funds raised are captured in the Campaign’s total , but won’t be included in the Campaign’s available balance unless the Giving Group administrator sends the funds to the Campaign.
Choose this option for Campaigns supporting a general cause. Giving Group administrators are then free to choose any charity they think supports that cause best.
What happens if I change my mind?
You choose another option that works better for you at any time. If funds have already been raised, there are two important considerations:
- Changing from Campaign admins to Giving Group admins: Any of the funds sent automatically from a Giving Group to Campaign when funds were managed by the Campaign administrator may have already been sent to charity. Get in touch with us at email@example.com if you need more information. We're here to help!
- Changing from Giving Group admins to Campaign admins: Any of the funds raised by Giving Groups before funds were managed by the Campaign administrators will need to be manually sent over to the Campaign in order to be available in the Campaign balance.