With Charitable Impact, you can search for any registered charity in Canada and learn more about what they do. You can also search for Giving Groups and Campaigns, which are groups of people giving together.
You can search broadly, explore charities and Giving Groups discovered for you, or filter results by location or category type.
To start a new search:
- Select Explore in the top left-hand corner of the menu.
- Type into the search bar and press Enter or select the magnifying glass icon to enter your search query.
- You will see relevant search results for charities and Giving Groups. To narrow your search:
- Select the Charities button to see only charities.
- Select the Giving Groups button to see only Giving Groups and Campaigns.
- To only see Campaigns, select Giving Groups and then Filter on the right-hand side. Select Giving Group types and select Campaign.
- Once you have found the charity, Giving Group, or Campaign you are looking for, select the View charity button or View Giving Group button on the right-hand side of your screen.
Filtering your search results
To narrow your search results even further, select Filter on the right-hand side of your screen (underneath the All, Charity, and Giving Group buttons).
Select the All button and filter all charities and Giving Groups by:
Select the Charity button and filter all charities by:
- Charity size
- Charity designation
Select the Giving Groups button and filter all Giving Groups by:
- Giving Groups type
- To search for a relevant Campaign, select Campaign under this filter.
Charitable Impact helps you discover charities and Giving Groups that you might be interested in, based on the causes you have selected as important to you. If you would like to edit the Causes you care about and/or Related tags you follow, you can do so in your Account Settings under the Causes you care about section.