With Charitable Impact, you can search for any registered charity in Canada and learn more about what they do. You can also search for Giving Groups and Campaigns.
There are about 85,000 that are registered with the Canadian Revenue Agency, including: charitable organizations, public and private foundations, educational institutions, religious organizations, and qualified donees like municipalities, registered Canadian amateur athletic associations (RCAAAs), and arts and culture groups.
You can search broadly, explore charities and Giving Groups, or filter results by location or category type. With an Impact Account, you’ll see charities and groups discovered for you based on the causes you tell us are important to you.
Learn how to:
Start a new search
- On web: Click the magnifying glass at the top of the page.
On the mobile app: Select Explore from the bottom menu.
- Type into the search bar and press Enter to submit your search query.
- You will see relevant search results for charities and Giving Groups. To narrow your search:
- Click the Charities button to see only charities.
- Click the Giving Groups button to see only Giving Groups and Campaigns.
- To only see Campaigns, click Giving Groups and then Filter on the right-hand side. Click Giving Group types and select Campaign.
- To refine your search even further, select Filter (on web) or the filter icon (on mobile) to apply the following filters:
- For all (charities and Giving Groups): categories or location
- For charities: category, location, charity designation, charity size, or language
- For Giving Groups: categories, location, Giving Group types
- Search for and select the charity, Giving Group, or Campaign you would like to give to.
Select causes and topics
Your Impact Account includes the ability to select causes and topics that you care about to help personalize your experience.
|Represent broader areas of charitable interests||Represent more specific areas|
When you select causes and topics you care about, your Impact Account can help you discover new charities and Giving Groups that might interest you. You’ll see items suggested for you on your dashboard and when you search for charities and Giving Groups. You can select as many causes and topics as you like, and you can change the causes and topics you select at any time.
Charitable Impact does not share your selected causes or topics with charities or anyone else. Only you can see the causes and topics you select unless you choose to share them on your personal profile. Learn more about managing the information you share on your personal profile.
To add or edit causes and topics:
On the web:
- Click your Account icon in the top-right corner of your dashboard, and then click Account Settings.
- Click the Causes you care about tab.
- Choose the causes and topics you care about.
- Click Save.
On the mobile app:
- Select Explore from the bottom menu.
- On the Search screen, select the Edit link.
- Select the causes and topics you care about.
- Select Done.
What if I can't find the charity I want to give to on Charitable Impact?
If an organization isn’t listed on Charitable Impact, it might mean that the organization is not a charity registered with the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA).
Charitable Impact updates its charity listings with the data published by the CRA every month to include newly registered charities, and to remove any organizations that have lost their charitable status.
Registered charities not appearing on the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) online database
There are some organizations (such as school districts or sports associations) that might not appear on the CRA’s online database, but are still eligible to receive donations through Charitable Impact.
If you believe the organization you want to give money to is a registered charity and should be listed on Charitable Impact, please email email@example.com and we'll take a look.
Unfortunately, because non-profit organizations don't have official charitable status, Charitable Impact can't disburse funds to them. Because of this, you can’t give to non-profit organizations through Charitable Impact at this time.