Send money from a Campaign to charity
You can send the money raised by your Campaign to the charity (or charities) of your choice at any time.
This feature is currently only available on the web, and is not yet available on the mobile app.
- Select the magnifying glass at the top of your screen.
- Search for and select the charity you wish to give to.
- Select Give.
- In the Give from field, select your Campaign.
- Enter the amount you wish to give.
- Write an optional message and review your privacy options, then select Continue.
- Confirm the details of your gift, then select Send gift.
Good to know
Banks and credit card companies charge charities, including Charitable Impact, a fee to process donations. When donors use a credit card to add money, the fee is 2.8%. We recover this fee when you send a gift to charity from your Campaign.
When you send a gift to charity, you’ll be asked to enter the amount you wish to give. The recovery fee mentioned above is automatically generated and shown to you. The charity will receive your gift amount minus this fee.
If you want to send an exact gift amount to charity, get in touch with us at email@example.com. We’re happy to help!
Repurposing money raised by a Campaign
When money is given to Campaigns using Charitable Impact, it must be used for charitable purposes. Money cannot be returned to the donor once it has been given to the Campaign. Learn more from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
Sometimes, the money raised by a Campaign can't be used for its original purpose. This can happen if a charitable project falls through, or if a charity's status is changed by the CRA.
If this happens, here's what you can do with the money raised instead:
- Forward the funds to a new charity that is similar to the original charity. This is the CRA’s recommendation.
- Or, download a transaction report to see donors’ email addresses (if they’ve chosen to share them) and the amounts they donated. Using Charitable Impact, send each one a transfer of the same amount. The charitable dollars will be deposited to their Impact Account, where they can use them in other ways. If a donor doesn’t accept the transfer, the charitable dollars will return to the Campaign where you can repurpose them.