Activating direct deposit for your charity
Direct deposit is the fastest way for charities to receive funds from Charitable Impact.
This feature is currently only available on the web, and is not yet available on the mobile app.
To get your charity set up with direct deposit:
- Select Direct Deposits at the top of your Charity Account.
- Enter your charity’s banking information.
- Select Save.
- Complete this direct deposit verification form and attach your void cheque (please see note below regarding authorized representative).
- Attach the required documents and send your form to email@example.com or mail your form to us using the address below:
Attn: Disbursement Services
Suite 1250 - 1500 West Georgia Street
Required documents to send us
Please include the following documents when you send your direct deposit verification form to Charitable Impact:
1) Authorized representative’s photo ID
Charitable Impact needs a scanned copy of government-issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s licence, passport) for the authorized representative of your charity. This person must be a director/trustee listed in your charity's T3010 information.
2) Void cheques
Include a void cheque with your organization’s address in the top left-hand corner. For security purposes, Charitable Impact cannot accept void cheques with hand-written addresses.
If you don’t have a cheque with your charity’s printed mailing address, include a direct deposit form or account verification form from your financial institution.
When is direct deposit activated?
Charitable Impact will activate direct deposit for your charity once we receive your direct deposit verification form along with the required documents above. The Donor Experience team will be in touch as soon as direct deposit has been activated.