Claiming your Charity Account
When you claim your charity profile and account on Charitable Impact, you can do things like:
- Customize your charity profile with a logo and updated information
- Thank and engage with your supporters
- Set up direct deposit to receive gifts faster
Claim with an access code:
If you’ve received a gift from a donor on Charitable Impact in the past, a cheque would have been delivered with a letter that includes an access code at the top. You can claim your profile with or without this access code.
- The access code can be found in the disbursement report you received from Charitable Impact in the mail.
- Go to the Claim Charity profile and enter this code. Select Claim My Charity.
- You will be directed to create an Impact Account, through which you will be granted administrative privileges to your charity account. If you already have an Impact Account, log in using your login information.
- Select Verify Charity Information at the bottom of the profile.
- You’re in! You can now customize your charity profile, access donor and gift information, activate direct deposit, and invite additional administrators to manage your Charity Account with you.
Without an access code:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and registration number of the charity you wish to claim.
- We complete a manual verification process in order to grant administrative privileges to the charity profile. To speed up the process, please ensure that you provide us with one of the following pieces of information:
- An email that is listed on your charity's Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) profile online as the “Charity Email Address”.
- A link to the charity’s official website that confirms your email’s association with the charity. This website should be displayed on CRA’s listing for your charity as the “Charity Website Address”.
- A letter signed by a current Director/Trustee that authorizes your email to access the charity profile. (Please note that the Director/Trustee must be named on the most recent T3010 report found on CRA’s listing for your charity.)
- We will send an invitation to the verified email for you to claim your charity. You will be prompted to either set up an Impact Account with administrative privileges for your Charity Account or log into an existing Impact Account.