What is a Giving Group?
Giving Groups allow multiple people to combine forces and pool funds together or raise money to support one or more registered Canadian charities on Charitable Impact.
With a Giving Group, you can:
- Invite people to join you in giving to charities and causes together—when people accept the invitation, they become members of the group
- Add videos and photos to make your call to action as compelling as possible
- Post comments and share updates to the group
- Share the group on social media and encourage others to join
Where can money raised from groups go?
Unlike other fundraising tools, money raised in a Giving Group cannot be withdrawn. The money must support one or more registered Canadian charities on Charitable Impact. You can send money directly from the group to a charity of your choice. You can also send the money to other groups and Campaigns on Charitable Impact, or to others with an Impact Account.
Anyone can give money to your Giving Group, but only the group administrator can give money from the group.
How does a Giving Group work?
When you create a Giving Group, you automatically become the group's administrator. As a group administrator, you can:
- Invite people to join the group and assign other members as group administrators
- Choose whether you'd like your group to be private or public:
- Private - only those who receive an invitation will be able to see and join your group
- Public - anyone can find your group, join, and send gifts to the group
- Decide which registered Canadian charity or charities to send money from the group to
Learn more about starting and editing your Giving Group.