Adding money to your Impact Account
An Impact Account is like an online bank account for charity that empowers you to be thoughtful and purposeful about the causes you're supporting. When you add money to your account, you receive a tax receipt immediately. Then, give to your favourite charities and Giving Groups, or save some of your charitable dollars to give away later. You can also give charitable dollars to friends and family on Charitable Impact for them to give away.
If you don't have an Impact Account yet, you can sign up for a free account in about 5 minutes.
If you’re adding money to your Impact Account for the first time and you'd like to add money on a monthly basis, please make sure to add a payment method and tax receipt profile to your account first.
Adding a payment method
- Select your Account Icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Account Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select Payment methods on the left-hand side.
- Select the green Add new card button.
- Fill out your credit card information and select Add.
- Log in to your Impact Account.
- Select Add money.
- Enter the amount you'd like to add to your account.
- If applicable, select the account to which you’d like to add money.
- Select a credit card to be used for payment.
- Click the blue Continue button at the bottom of the page.
- Review the details of your deposit on the confirmation page and click the blue Add money button to finalize your deposit.
The money you add will be reflected in your Impact Account balance. Money added to your account remains in your account balance until you give it away.
Are there fees when I add money to my Impact Account?
Charitable Impact doesn't charge fees when you add money to your Impact Account. This is why your tax receipt reflects the full amount that you added to your account. When you’ve added money to your account with a credit card and are ready to give those funds away, we deduct any processing fees charged by the credit card processing company at the time of the transaction. Learn more about processing fees charged by banks and credit card companies, or get in touch with us at any time.
Why is adding money called a donation?
When you add money to your Impact Account, you're actually donating to CHIMP: Charitable Impact Foundation (Canada). Charitable Impact Foundation is a registered public foundation that operates as a donor-advised fund.