Add money to your Impact Account
An Impact Account is like an online bank account for charitable giving that empowers you to be thoughtful and purposeful about the causes you're supporting. When you add money to your account, you receive a tax receipt immediately. Then, you can give to your favourite charities and Giving Groups, or save some of your charitable dollars to give away later. You can also give charitable dollars to friends and family on Charitable Impact for them to give away.
If you don't have an Impact Account yet, you can sign up for a free account.
If you’re adding money to your Impact Account for the first time and you'd like to add money on a monthly basis, please add a payment method and tax receipt profile to your account first.
Adding a payment method
On the web:
- Select your Account Icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Account Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select Payment methods on the left-hand side.
- Select the green Add new card button.
- Fill out your credit card information and select Add.
On the mobile app:
- Select Account from the bottom menu.
- Select Payment methods from the top menu.
- Select Add new card to add a new card.
- Fill out your credit card information. If you wish to make that card your primary card, select Set as primary card and then select Done.
- Log in to your Impact Account.
- Select Add money.
- Enter the amount you'd like to add to your account.
- If applicable, select the account to which you’d like to add money.
- Select a credit card to be used for payment. If you're using the iOS app, you can also choose to add money with Apple Pay.
- On the web: Click the Continue button at the bottom of the page.
On the iOS app: Click the Review button at the bottom of the screen.
- Review the details of your deposit on the confirmation page and click the Add money button to finalize your deposit.
The money you add will be reflected in your Impact Account balance. Money added to your account remains in your account balance until you give it away.
Are there fees when I add money to my Impact Account?
Charitable Impact doesn't charge fees when you add money to your Impact Account. This is why your tax receipt reflects the full amount that you added to your account. However, when you add money to your account, Charitable Impact is charged third-party processing fees by banks and credit card companies. We recover this fee when you send gifts to charities. Learn more about processing fees charged by banks and credit card companies, or get in touch with us at any time.
Why is adding money called a donation?
When you add money to your Impact Account, you're actually making a donation to Charitable Impact Foundation—a registered charity and public foundation. It's why you get a tax receipt after adding money. The funds stay in your account until you let us know that you'd like to send charitable gifts to others, including charities, Giving Groups, or friends and family on Charitable Impact for them to give away. Learn more.